Monday, September 22, 2008

Read the End of the Book

As one who all-too-easily falls into the trap of being consumed by the day-to-day and losing sight of the eternal, let me encourage you to read this passage on perhaps even a daily basis...
"And he who was seated on the throne said, 'Behold, I am making all things new.' Also he said, 'Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.' And he said to me, 'It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment. The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son.'" - Revelation 21:5-7

Never forget for a moment - that is your destiny in Christ and the truth that makes life worth living. Without that, then all of this is just carnival rides while we wait for the end to come.

No comments: