Tuesday, June 2, 2009

To Facebook or Not to Facebook?

Over the last few months, it seems like I can't get through a week without someone telling me I need to join Facebook. I've resisted and resisted, but now I'm thinking about jumping in, especially with the announcement yesterday that Facebook will be integrated into Xbox Live this fall. It looks like a cool way to stay in touch with people, but it also has the looks of a major time-waster (or at the least, a time-spender), and I've already got several of those in my life. I'd like to hear from those of you who use Facebook. Do you like it, is it an annoyance or distraction, and if you didn't have a Facebook page, would you sign up all over again?

3 comments:

Darius said...

It's got its uses, but also plenty of abuses. The timewasters have mostly run their course with me; I pretty much just use it to keep up with friends and correspond on occasion. If you join, I can add you to my list of Facebook friends whom I have never actually met. :)

Darius said...

To fully answer your questions... I like it, it can be a distraction if you let it, and yes, I would sign up all over again.

Kenny Montano said...

I use it to keep in touch with people I have forgotten I knew or didn't know how to find. It's cool to see someone occasionally post something and I'll be like, "Wow they have kids now...everyone I know has a kid!" Ha...but seriously, I think it's a useful tool, especially for someone like you who is not going to become addicted to it and lose countless hours taking quizzes and such.