Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oh Yeah, That's Why I Hate Politics

Once upon a time, it was summer in America. The primaries were over, and our eyes looked toward the upcoming election, with two candidates who promised to stay away from politics as usual. Remember when quotes like this filled the airwaves?
"I've pledged to conduct a respectful campaign and I urge, time after time, various entities within the Republican party to also do that." - John McCain

"We don't need John McCain and I to be demonizing each other. You won't get that from my campaign." - Barack Obama

What a respectful, non-demonizing few months its been. Seems like a long time ago, doesn't it? Candidates can shout all they want about mavericks and change, but as long as politicians are people then politics will be business as usual. After paying more attention to politics this year than I have have for a while, today I'm reminded why I'm so fed up with the whole mess. It's days like this that make me so grateful for truth like this...
"God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?" - Numbers 23:19

No comments: